Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hey it's that guy!

Watching '300' I had a very "hey it's that guy!" feel. Most of the main characters rung faint little bells, and by faint I mean, it was driving me crazy trying to figure out who they were the entire time. Placing the actors was made especially difficult by gorgeous and extensive stylization of the movie. I had the sneaking suspicion that I remembered King Leonidas from 'Dracula 2000' as the tortured and immortal Judas cum bloodsucker, and hey . . . I was right! Gerard Butler did play Dracula! Yay!

The other character that bugged me was Queen Gorgo. That crooked mouth . . . the entire night I tried to remember where I knew it from. Eventually I decided that I was thinking of Olivia d'Abo, who was definitely not playing the part. Imdb has saved me! Lena Headey, you saucy minx! I saw you in 'Gossip'! That tripe is from whence I remember that sad look of betrayal and crooked duck lips. You sure showed James Marsden aka Cyclops who was boss in a much less satisfying way than you schooled . . .

Dominic West aka Theron aka the guy in '300' who lends himself to the best female revenge scene ever! Your monkey face is the same mug they attempted to sell as ruggedly handsome in 'Mona Lisa Smile' and 'The Forgotten'. You are times disturbingly ugly and yet strangely appealing . . . not at all.

*SPOILER*

your death scene made the theatre clap, and I would have too, but I'm not a complete tool.

No comments: