So yeah...this is probably really boring for all of you, but I'm excited about it, so I thought I'd share. Me and Nick are going grocery shopping tomorrow and I finally took a little time out of my work day ;-) to plan out dinners for the next week and create a grocery list. Yay!! Hopefully it won't be too expensive or get too complicated, and by that I mean...hopefully it will stretch out enough to keep Nick satiated because maaaaannnnnn, but he eats A LOT!!! Also, it kind of needs to be kept under 100.00 since I only allot 400.00 a month for groceries. So, I'm hoping that I can do that by going to Shoppers Food Warehouse and employing my savvy shopper skills. I am skeptical that the total will stay under 100.00, but I'm going to give it a shot anywho...
Anywho, I figure, doing it this way seems to work for you three, so I thought I'd try it out too. Plus, it seems like an excellent way for my kitchen to grow and for me to eat healthier foods. I've been feeling really greasy lately, which is mainly due to all the junk that me and Nick eat on a regular basis; things like hamburger helper, pasta roni (which isn't too bad and quite tasty), oven-baked pizzas, take-out, etc... Sooo....I'm going to try this out for a week and see how I like it. Below are all the meals I plan on making for the next week:
Chicken Kabobs (w/ teriyaki sauce) served w/ Rice [4 kabobs, 2 c. rice; 2 servings]
-Lissa gave me this idea and the recipe for the teriyaki sauce, and I think it sounds tasty.
Chicken, Red Pepper & Green Bean Stir-Fry
Chicken Burritos
Taco Salad
Baked Penne w/ broccoli and three cheeses
Orzo w/ Ham and Goat Cheese, serve w/ broccoli florets
Chicken Gyros w/ Yogurt Dill Sauce
Feta Garbanzo beans and Eggplant Sandwich
So, yeah...I'll probably put up a new post each day and tell you all how I am doing and whether or not the recipes are any good. Wish me Luck!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lol. You're getting Nick to eat two vegetarian meals in the same week? I manage maybe one every two weeks.
And you can manage to keep the grocery bill at 100 a week, but it's gonna depend on what you're buying. With the huge increase in fresh produce, and our switch to more natural products, we've seen our grocery bill (for 3) go from about 100 a week to more like 170 a week. About 50 of that is produce, though, and another 50 is in junk food/candy/ice cream.
Lissa needs to add labels archive to this blog, so we can have all of our recipes/cooking posts in one place. I'd totally put up recipes more often, and be more likely to try out ones that you guys put up, if I could browse back to them easy.
Another thing - I find it helps me to actually cook all of the meals I've planned for a week if I only try a few new recipes at a time. I go through phases, but I typically only do two new dishes in any given week. The rest of the week is given over to things I know really well that I don't have to worry about results. That way even if a recipe I try out is bad, I never have a whole series of days where I don't like what I cook, which would discourage me from cooking as often.
And the last thing, get a steamer! We have this oster 2 tier 6 quart steamer and I freaking love that thing. It was less than 40 bucks, and it makes doing veggies and all sorts of other stuff a snap. I've been using it as a rice cooker, as well, and the results have been just fantastic.
Post a Comment