Monday, March 12, 2007

Chicken, Red Pepper, and Green Bean Stir-Fry

Ok...So as promised, here is a post of my first dinner :). Well, second really, but the first one was taco salad and I think we all know how delicious those are!! Anywho, I made Chicken, Red Pepper and Green Bean Stir-Fry last night and it turned out really, really tasty. It took longer than I wanted it to, but total time was 1 hour and 10 minutes from start to finish (including prep and clean up), so over all I'm going to say that is pretty speedy. Here's the recipe as printed on Epicurious.com:

4 ounces green beans, trimmed
3 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
1 8-ounce skinless boneless chicken breast, cut crosswise into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into matchstick-size strips
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
2 large garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
Cook beans in pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain. Refresh under cold running water.

Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet; stir-fry until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add bell pepper, ginger and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add chicken and beans to skillet. Stir in soy sauce and vinegar. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.

Makes 2 servings; can be doubled.
Bon Appétit
30-Minute Main Courses
March 2001


I might try w/ beef next time though because I just don't like chicken very much. The total caloric content for the recipe (WHEN DOUBLED) is 1348/4 servings. 1 serving is 337 calories.

So, I doubled the recipe because I didn't think 2 servings would be enough for me and Nick. I thought about taking a picture of it, but I forgot, so no dice. Maybe next time. Tonight I am going to make my own Chicken Gyros. I'll post about it tomorrow!!! Super excited about it though because I LOVE Gyros!!

CHEERS!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You girls should change the name of this blog to "How we lost our lives and became bores".

Olivia said...

DAD?!? That's mean.

Celeste said...

Ha! You call it boring, I call it "domestic bliss". I happen to like taking care of the baby, cooking, reading, and doing my job from home. Did I mention I'm changing jobs? I'm still going to be working remote, but for a different team.

Celeste said...

... and you're just jealous because you don't get home cooking anymore. :) Doesn't matter what you say, you know those Kirkland tv dinners just aren't as good.