Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Grudge 2


I went to see the Grudge 2 yesterday, and i have to say it didn't dissappoint. There were some reveals that were really good. Granted they were fairly easy to predict and by the end of the movie a tad played out, but I still give the movie points. I have to say that having a grey faced balloon head toddler hiding in the back of someone's hoodie before snatching them away into god knows where, is pretty fucking cool. I might have been more scared if Sonny hadn't been screaming like a little girl for most of the movie. That was the most entertaining part of the evening.




They attached the trailer for another Ghost House Pictures movie; The Messengers. I was pretty excited by this trailer. Some of the visuals are standard Japanese horror fare, but that is probably thanks to the Pang Brothers directing. I haven't seen the Eye yet, but I've been told it was the shit. At any rate, the trailer creeped me out, and I cannot wait to see this.
http://www.worstpreviews.com/review.php?id=22







OOh and I almost forgot--I'm the biggest nerd ever--they also attached the trailer for 'The Return'. This is Sarah Michelle Gellar's next horror vehicle. When I first heard about it, I was kind of 'meh . . . typecast much. Broaden your horizons blondie' but after seeing the trailer I've changed my mind. She's a brunette in this one guys! It actually doesn't look bad either http://www.worstpreviews.com/review.php?id=305

Anna-Out!

11 comments:

Celeste said...

Sorry, but much as it pains me to say it, given Raimi's involvement in the movie, I thought the Grudge blew chunks. It's nice to hear you liked the Grudge 2, but I bet you liked the first one as well.

Orianna said...

Actually I thought the first one was dumb. I just didn't think the balloon head ghost was very scary. There was only one scene that gave me the creeps (which they basically repeated in the second one).

The balloon head ghost is still not scary in the second one, but the reveals are better. I mean geez if you want to get technical, the move didn't make much sense. The timeline was convulted. They introduced a nonsensical backstory that they have a character admit has no real bearing on the events that play out. They also introduce new balloon head ghosts, but no Sarah Michelle Gellar balloon head. There is a new character that survives for an inexplicable amount of time. I could go on. The movie stank, but since I also didn't particularly care for The Grudge, "it didn't dissappoint".

Also the scares are better. I actually jumped once! Mostly I was excited for the Messengers trailer.

Orianna said...

Hmm I also like Ring 2 better than Ring. Maybe I have a soft spot for sequels. Aliens is one of my all time favorites!

Celeste said...

But Aliens is one of the rare exceptions* to the rule that sequels suck, so it can't count. You can't say you have a soft spot for sequels til you pull a statement like "I thought Species 2 was really underrated" out of your ass.


*Like Terminator 2, Evil Dead II

Olivia said...

Species 2 was better than Species!! No one can deny it.

Celeste said...

Species 2 has the distinction of being the only movie I ever walked out of it sucked so badly. I begged to walk out of Eyes Wide Shut, but was overruled.

Orianna said...

They made a Species 2? What genius actually thought they could top Species? Hollywood! Jesus!

Also what about "Deuce Bigelow: European Gigolo"?

Alicia said...

I'm pretty sure we also walked out of the Urban Legends sequel and Moulin Rouge Celeste.

Orianna said...

We totally all walked out of Moulin Rouge. Maybe she doesn't remember cause we only sat through ten minutes before deciding it was crap.

Orianna said...

HOWARD!!!!!!!!!!

I dvr'ed Vampire's Kiss last night. Cannot wait to see if it's as good/campy as I remember.

Celeste said...

D'oh. I totally forgot about Moulin Rouge.... and the Urban Legends sequel... damn. Species 2 has just become my gold standard for that which sucks.

And being dragged out of Howard the Duck doesn't count... we weren't willing.