Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Speed Demon


So I just started the patch this morning. For those of you who are familiar with the patch's adverse affects, you might know that it can make it very difficult to focus. As a result my morning commute was a little fuzzy. So I was really really upset when I look into my rearview to see flashing blue lights. I mean god dammit, I always notice cops first! So I pull over like a good little girl. I make sure that my engine is off, my keys are in my lap and my foot is off the brake. I also have my driver's license and my registration ready. I read somewhere that doing all this will make the cop like you. Take note, apparently it will get you in their good graces. Instant cooperation and all that.

When he strolls up to my window he tells me I was doing 85 in a 55. Good God! I'm not so surprised I was going that fast, I'm mostly surprised that he clocked me at that speed while I was changing lanes to get to my exit. I cannot usually maintain that kind of speed when I'm getting over to the right. Well I guess today traffic was light enough that I could. Go figure.

For those of you familiar with the law, 20 over the speed limit is reckless. I can only assume that 30 over is somewhere along the lines of driving with intent to kill. Normally I would have had a little panic attack while he was in his cruiser writing me up. Thanks however, to the patch I found it easy to remain calm . . . or apathetic . . . whatever.

Ok lack of focus and increased apathy makes me want to get to my point. So long story short . . .
I GOT OFF WITH A WARNING BITCHES!!!!! HELLS YEAH!!!

P.S. I got made fun of when I put that ARMY sticker on my car, but the officer totally thought I was military (he asked and I put him straight, I'm not a liar). That might have helped me out a little. *happy dance*

3 comments:

Celeste said...

Holy crap. That is some damned fine luck you're sporting there. Go buy a lottery ticket and see if it keeps up.

And Russ says "she must have been showing a lot of cleavage or something."

Orianna said...

hmmm I looked down . . . and Russ is right! hahaha

Celeste said...

that, or you just don't show enough cleavage!