Thursday, October 12, 2006

Mystery Resolved

Okay.... one of life's teeny tiny mysteries, that's been bugging me and Russ for ages, was the varying packaging on Klondike Vanilla Ice Cream Bars. We buy a lot of boxes of Big Bears, and we kept noticing that sometimes, we'd get packages that had opaque white wrappers, and sometimes we'd get packages that had clear wrappers. The clear wrappers almost invariably sucked. The ice cream bar would be kind of stale and just not as good.

So, being the good consumerist that I am, last week, I sent an email to the Unilever company (they own Klondike brand) asking them exactly what was up with the packaging. Wouldn't you know it, but I got a letter in the mail today, giving me an actual answer! The white wrappers are their new wrappers going forward, and the clear ones are from older product. Mystery solved! And I have two coupons for a free box of klondike big bears as well.

Thanks for being a responsive corporation, Unilever!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

That's awesome!! Who knew that being proactive would get you something in return? Not me. For example...I have been proactive for a long time now...with school and work and what not...and where has it gotten me? NO WHERE. I am still over a year away from graduating and i have a crappy job that I dread going to every morning...and because I dread it so, I waste the first part of every day searching for new, more fun jobs that I could get after I pay off my debt and can afford to live with less money. Well, maybe that is not proactive so much as wasting time :(. Whichever!!!

Celeste said...

Yeah, who would have thought something as simple as an email would net me a dozen free big bears?