
Soooo, me and Melissa signed up to run a 10K on December 10th. I'm super excited about it. I get a tshirt and bells to attach to my shoe laces during the run. It's the Jingle All the Way 10K run that Acumen and someone else puts together each year. I think the funds go towards education or what not. So it's for a good cause. Anywho, we started our training yesterday, which basically coincides with my regular workout schedule, so it shouldn't eat up any more of the time I don't really have, and we both ran 2.5 miles in 27 1/2 minutes (Melissa finished a few seconds before me). I think our times are fantastic. Anna ran with us and she finished her 2.5 miles in 32 minutes, which is also fantastic, especially considering that me and melissa have like a combined average of 5 - 6 months of running experience on her. We went down to some highschool and ran around their track, specifically so that we could time ourselves. It was cute because there were a whole bunch of little guys (children around 5 or 6 maybe?) running around and playing football. I think they were in little league teams. But, they saw us running around the track and would ask their parents if they could run too. So the kids would sprint off down the track and then topple over from exhaustion after a quarter mile or something. Kids are silly...
Next year we plan to run the 10 mile Cherry Blossom run in April, which should also be fun, but harder cause it's 10 miles instead of 6.2. But, we'll also get another free t-shirt :). Seriously, I don't think I'd sign up for this stuff if I didn't get the shirt.
So yeah...just thought I'd share!
1 comment:
Run, Livvy! RUN!
Post a Comment