The season premiere of Battlestar Galactica was last night. It was so good I'm left at a loss for words as to how to describe its fantastic-ness. Heroes was amazing. Jericho is really drawing me in. But Battlestar blew them both away. It helps that it's in its 3rd season now, and has a wealth of backstory to draw from, and it does (draw from the backstory, I mean).
But here is a space opera that makes all of the other space operas look trite and chintzy by comparison. It doesn't flinch away from sensitive subjects, nor does it draw clear lines of distinction between the good guys and the bad guys, and the players on each side shift. Russ and I stayed up a full two hours after the baby finally went to sleep in order to watch it. That's two hours of precious sleep that I gave up because I couldn't stomach the thought of waiting until the next morning to see it.
So... I have all of the previous episodes on DVD. Who wants to do a series of Battlestar Galactica marathons on Saturdays over the next several weeks?
Oh, and it was just too cute, how they worked in 'frakking' on the season premiere of Veronica Mars.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Man!!! I wish I could watch Veronica Mars. I just don't have a clue what's going on though because I never saw the first two seasons. And, I think that would make it one too many shows for me to watch. What's with the word Frakking though?
I also don't have time to watch television marathons on Saturday :(. It does sound like lots of fun. I remember seeing the pilot of Battlestar Galactica and it was really good. I'm just too busy all the time, what with school and all. I could swing it though if you wanted to do it in December!!! :). If you're still here anywhos.
Well if you'd watched Veronica Mars, you'd know that 'frakking' is the swear word of the future, and that it's the way to cuss now, without actually cussing. ;)
Post a Comment