Did I ever tell you guys about the time Russ and I decided to try out our new BabyBjorn carrier by taking Roy on a little walk down to Maureen's house? Well... if I didn't, you can just hear it again anyway.
We took our walk down to Maureen's without bothering to call ahead first to find out if she was home, and sure enough she wasn't. But Dave's car was in the driveway, so we rang the bell anyway, thinking we'd say 'hi'.
No answer. So we continued our walk.
That evening, Maureen called and left a message... seems she'd gotten home, and Dave had immediately started bitching about those damn Witnesses again, and how now they were even being so manipulative as to send out young couples with babies in tow! Maureen had a sneaking suspicion it might have been us, so she called to find out. Sure enough...
So I call her back, and while I'm on the phone with her, Dave is in the background asking "Did those Witnesses stop by their house too?" It took Maureen three tries to get it through to Dave that he hadn't ignored a visit from the Witnesses, he'd refused to answer the door for us.
Well the real Witnesses just stopped by the house to discuss whether or not the world today is in such crappy shape because God wants us to be miserable, and I am now the proud owner of a copy of "The Watchtower" and a copy of "Awake". I'm totally dragging Russ back to Maureen and Dave's to ask them, "If the end of times came tomorrow, would you be ready to meet your maker?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
If sitting through a Witness lecture just so you can torment Dave and Maureen isn't pure genius . . . I don't know what is.
You kidding me? I didn't sit through the lecture. I told them I was working, and couldn't talk. They gave me the literature with a not-reassuring promise to return. Next time I won't answer the door.
Next time I think you should play the repeat game with them. :-D.
LOL. Or the Cat game. I need you to leave right meow. Really meow, I'm not interested in joining your cult right meow.
Post a Comment