What is your husband's name: Russ
How long have you been married: 2 1/2 years
How long did you date before you got married: about 5 months, then he moved in with me and my sisters, then the two of us bought a house together, then we got married.
Who eats more: We both eat about the same, except he has me beat hands down in the ice cream department.
Who sings better: Russ
Who is smarter: I made sure I chose a man who was as smart or smarter than me. We haven't compared IQ scores though.
Whose temper is worse: Definitely mine. Russ has done a lot to mellow me out over the years, he's so easygoing. In turn, I've made him a little less willing to take crap from anyone who feels like dishing it out.
Who does the dishes: me, always. But Russ does all the lawn care, car maintenance, house maintenance, vacuuming, most of the laundry, and more of the grocery shopping.
Who pays the bills: I've always been the bookkeeper, now I'm also the breadwinner, at least until we have a second baby, then we'll switch.
Who cooks dinner: me. Russ is the fire-chief. I do the actual grilling. He helps me prep. Except shortly after the baby was born, then I'd sit at the table and nurse while I gave Russ directions on how to cook the meals.
Who drives when you are together: Russ, unless we're on a road trip lasting longer than 4 hours, then we switch off on every fill-up.
Who is more stubborn: me. Russ is one of the only people I'm willing to compromise for, which is one of the many reasons I knew he was the one I should marry.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong: probably Russ, but it always goads me into admitting where I've been an asshat as well.
Whose parents do you see the most: My father, since he's geographically the closest. Otherwise, we try to divvy up vacation time evenly.
Who kissed who first: Russ
Who asked who out first: I asked him.
Who proposed: that was more of a mutual thing. We bought a house together with the understanding that after a year, if things were still a fabulous as they were then, we'd tie the knot. After a year passed, we started planning a wedding date.
Who is more sensitive: I dunno about that one. Neither of us are particularly sensitive.
Who has more friends: Russ. I have sisters, and a husband. They keep me busy enough!
Who wears the pants in the family: Russ. I wear the pajamas.
Where did you meet your husband: at work. On a cigarette break.
Where was your first date: I convinced him to drive me up to Pennsylvania to pick up a cast iron bed I bought on eBay. There's something women like about a man with a pickup truck.
What was the first thing you said to your husband: Howdy, I'm Celeste.
Where was your first kiss: In front of my house, in his truck.
Where did you get engaged: We didn't really have an engagement. We were lying on the couch watching TV and hanging out, and sort of said to each other "Well, it's been a year now. Let's get married, so we can have kids."
Where were you married: In our back yard. We were married by some nutty new-agey catholic preacher that had all sorts of silly things he said during the ceremony - like holding up our wedding bands and asking the attending guests to direct thoughts of goodwill and happiness into them. I spent the majority of the ceremony trying not to laugh. I thought it was perfect! I still grin every time I think about our wedding.
How did your reception go: wonderfully. My sister Alicia threw a party for us after the wedding, and we had all of our friends there, and had a great time.
Where was the honeymoon: In the Great Smoky Mountains. We rented a luxury cabin and spent a week hiking, grilling out, and then soaking in the hottub after.
If you could have changed anything about it, what would it have been: I wouldn't have worked until the very day before our wedding. I had a really high-priority project I was working on, and the one girly thing I was going to do prior to the wedding - get my nails done, I ended up having to cancel because of some emergency last minute changes to the project that kept me working late that day. And I would have put all of our relatives in a hotel, so we could have had the house to ourselves on our wedding night!
I will tag: Leigh, Alicia and Mom.
Sunday, December 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This was great, Celeste! Thanks for playing along so nicely. :)
I enjoyed reading up on you- I've missed...well practically your whole life. So this was fun!
Thanks for inviting me to play! I've been wanting to do one of these tag things for ages!
What is your husband's name: Neil
How long have you been married: 5 years as of the 21st of this month.
How long did you date before you got married: About a year and a half.
Who eats more: He eats a tiny bit more than I do, but stays way thinner. I eat faster than he does.
Who sings better: We both sing pretty well. I am the section leader for the sopranos in our choir, and he is the tenor section leader. I've been singing way longer though.
Who is smarter: I dunno. Sometimes I think I am, but then he comes along and shows me up completely out of the blue. I learn faster, but he has a much better memory.
Whose temper is worse: I think mine, but both of us are pretty darned mellow.
Who does the dishes: me, usually, unless I am sick. He will help me unload without my even asking him...which is huge in my book.
Who pays the bills: I do. I do everything on-line. If it were up to Neil, it would all be paper and pen, and I hate it that way.
Who cooks dinner: me. Neil can cook a mean frozen pizza. Nevertheless, I make him get all the meals on Fridays, which means we go out to eat. Yah!
Who drives when you are together: Mostly Neil. He is an excellent navigator, and cannot read in the car, so he prefers it that way. I read out loud to him when we are on long trips, which he likes.
Who is more stubborn: Sometimes I think I am, but on some things, Neil just won't budge an inch. He's like my dad that way...he smiles and agrees but then does it his way anyway.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong: me, because I can't stand it when I've done anything to hurt Neil.
Whose parents do you see the most: His folks. They are right up there in OK. My dad won't fly anymore, so we have to save to go see him.
Who kissed who first: Neil
Who asked who out first: He asked me out to lunch at Romano's.
Who proposed: Neil. He took me to Palo Duro Canyon for a picnic, and he proposed then. Very old fashioned.
Who is more sensitive: When it comes to other people, I guess I am the one who is more easily bugged, when it comes to each other, he is the more sensitive.
Who has more friends: We both have a ton of friends, church, dance and band. They're all mutual friends, so it works out very nicely.
Who wears the pants in the family: I don't wear pants much anymore. Neil makes the final decisions about big money purchases. He is not a pushy man, but I defer to him.
Where did you meet your husband: at a contra dance. He was the first man to ask me for a dance, at the very first contra dance I attended in Denton.
Where was your first date: Romano's Macaroni Grill.
What was the first thing you said to your husband: He asked me if I would like to dance, and I said I would love to.
Where was your first kiss: At my old house in West Plano.
Where did you get engaged: Palo Duro Canyon.
Where were you married: St. Barnabus Episcopal Church, Garland, Texas.
How did your reception go: Everything went well. Good cake, my girls all looked gorgeous, and we had a wonderful dinner out at my friends' Elizabeth and Ron's house.
Where was the honeymoon: We went to a bed and breakfast in Dallas that had the most awesome food and afterwards drove to an annual dance weekend in Dennison, TX on Lake Texoma.
If you could have changed anything about it, what would it have been: Nothing. Great food, great dancing, all of our friends there.
Post a Comment