When I was a little girl in Louisiana, my parents had me taking all sorts of lessons...ballet lessons, jazz lessons, baton lessons, even guitar lessons (the last two were short-lived, in fact, I barely remember them). It was during my dancing days that I remember hearing, for the first time, my instructor (Keitha Donnelly...geez, how do I still know that name?) telling me never to utter the words "I can't" when facing a difficult dance step.
Thirty years later I've heard the same phrase countless times...NEVER SAY CAN'T. Hell, there are tons of motivational books out there with people touting those words as if it were some magical phrase to suddenly boost the listener's ability to do something that they couldn't previously do. It's almost as if you were admitting you were some sort of a loser if you dared to concede to your inabilities.
Well, here it is...I can't put those Google pics in my post. I've tried Celeste's way. I've tried Livvy's way. I CAN'T figure it out! (I was actually able to get one little picture in there and after that, nothing). I suppose if I weren't trying to watch my tivo'd "Days of Our Lives" then maybe I'd have better luck. But, you see, I'm addicted to that show and I CAN'T bear to turn it off.
Posting this blog was much easier anyway!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay for Jeannie's first post! P.S. it's probably blogger. The site is notoriously buggy.
Yay on Jeanne's first post too :)...
Post a Comment