"Oh, really, Alicia?"
Scream guessed by Livvy
2. "Yeah, I'm crazy. Ask my mom."
Wild Things guessed by Livvy
3. "Do you think maybe you wanna maybe, I don't know, go out to dinner, you know, catch up on old times?"
"Didn't we just do that?" There's Something About Mary guessed by Anna
"Low overhead, my boy - we pass the savings on to you! But seriously, that'll all be covered in the orientation."
4. "Any questions?"
"Just one. Why are these ceilings so low?" "Low overhead, my boy - we pass the savings on to you! But seriously, that'll all be covered in the orientation."
Being John Malkovich guessed by Celeste
"Nothing, if you're the cop from the Village People."
5. "I'm very discreet... but I will haunt your dreams."
40 year old virgin guessed by Anna
6. "Okay Cool, man, the day a monkey comes out of my butt is the day you'll get your sorry."
"What a coincidence, because that's TODAY."
Bruce Almighty guessed by Livvy
7. "Oh, maybe if I get really lucky, I'll get to grow up and listen to Air Supply and wear jack boots."
"What's wrong with Air Supply?" "Nothing, if you're the cop from the Village People."
Rock Star guessed by Livvy
8. "Aren't you gonna take your skates off?"
"I never take my skates off."Boogie Nights guessed by Sonny
"Yeah me too"
"It's sick. The commercial people they make them sing and dance so people will eat them."
9. "Did you see those, those raisins on TV? The ones that sing and dance and stuff?"
"They scare me." "Yeah me too"
"It's sick. The commercial people they make them sing and dance so people will eat them."
Benny and Joon guessed by Anna and Sonny
"Can't we do both?"
10. "Did she tell you we had sex? So vigorous!"
Lake Placid guessed by Livvy
11. "What's your rush, dollbody? What do you say we slip in the back seat, and make a man out of me?"
"What do you say I smack you around for a while?" "Can't we do both?"
A League of their Own guessed by Celeste
[Holds thumb and forefinger an inch apart]
"It's a difference of *this* much."
12. "If you don't let me gut out this house and make it my own, I will go insane and I will take you with me!"
Beetlejuice guessed by Anna
13. "Mom, what'd you mean when you said Dorian was your favorite?"
"Oh, Angus, I love you both." [Holds thumb and forefinger an inch apart]
"It's a difference of *this* much."
Homefries guessed by Anna (sorry Celeste!)
14. "I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better."
Starship Troopers guessed by Celeste
15. "Life is full of interruptions and complications."
Love Actually guessed by Anna
Bonus points if you give the trail of movie - actor - movie etc that links all these fun quotes together.
43 comments:
3. There's Something About Mary
11. Sixteen Candles
8. Sonny guesses Boogie Nights
12. Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice!
13. Home Fries
9. Benny and Joon (Sonny helped)
16 candles is a good guess for 11, but not it. All your others are right! You've seen 11, it is a movie you used to like a lot if I am remembering correctly (actually you are the only one I thought might guess that one right).
11. Can't Buy Me Love?
5. Forty Year Old Virgin
Come on. All of us liked Can't Buy Me Love! I'll give you a hint. One of the stars of this movie is famous for fighting publicly with Donald Trump.
Rosie O Donnell? Is this from that movie with Natalie Portman and Matt Dillon? Real Beautiful Girls or something.
No, but Rosie is the right actress...
Hmm something only I would like starring Rosie O Donnell. I will have to think about it on my drive home.
4 - Being John Malkovich
10 - A Fish Called Wanda?
14 - Starship Troopers
10 is not a fish called wanda. However an underwater life form (not a fish) is featured prominently in the movie.
Russ says 10 is Splash
Crap... is 11 Now and Then?
6 - Anchorman?
Dammit.... you've made me late for cooking dinner. :) I'll have to get back to this... but I'm starting to build the trail, it's just hard, when I can't be sure what the movies are!
wrong on 6 and 10, however, the lead character in 6 does really WANT to be an anchorman. I'll give you another hint for 10 - there were so many good quotes, I had to pick one that was not the best so it wouldn't be too easy. It really is a favorite of ours.
Also, 11 is not Now and Then. I'm not sure if should give any more hints on 11... I mean, I have already narrowed the playing field down considerably by pitching that Rosie clue to you (wink).
Well then crap, my guess for 11 would be A League of their Own...
And I gave up and googled number 10, so I won't guess any more on that one. Drives me nuts that I didn't figure it out earlier!
Is 1 Blast From the Past?
1 is not blast from the past... it is said to mock an Alicia Silverstone movie (but Clueless, not Blast from the Past). I'll give you a hint, a guy says "As if" at a big party and then his friend says, "Oh, really, Alicia?" to mock him. Later, the first guy has sex and the second guy gets hit with a phone.
6 - Evan Almighty
11. Exit to Eden?
Oops..I see Celeste already got it right...This is hard when you have to play catch up.
7 - Airheads?
Ooooh...Or Maybe it's Rock Star. I bet it's Rock Star since the one before it is Evan Almighty. Jennifer Aniston is in both of those :).
10. Lake Placid?
Well I've got part of the chain...
There's Something about Mary starred
Cameron Diaz who was in
Being John Malkovich who starred
Catherine Keener who was in
40 Year Old Virgin who starred
...
Boogie Nights who starred
Julianne Moore who was in
Benny and Joon who starred
Oliver Platt who was in
that movie I cheated and googled who starred
Geena Davis who was in
Beetlejuice who starred
Catherine O'Hara who was in
Homefries who starred
Jake Busey! (teeth!) who was in
Starship Troopers who starred...
um, I got nothing.
Urk... that's what I get for drinking the rest of the wine I used making dinner.
Oliver Platt who was in Lake Placid (since Livvy got it)
who starred Bill Pullman
who was in A League Of Their Own who starred Geena Davis who was in Beetlejuice yadda yadda yadda....
I can add to that:
...Catherine Keener,
who is in 40 Year Old Virgin with Steve Carell, who is in Evan Almighty with Jennifer Aniston, who is in Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg,
who is in Boogie Nights with Julianne Moore...
15. Wild Things? Denise Richardson was in both Starship Troopers and Wild Things :).
It's Bruce Almighty, not Evan Almighty, but close enough, so I guess I will give it to Livvy. A quote from Wild Things IS on the list, but not the last one. I'll give a hint that the last one is from a super, super romantic movie that one of Anna's roommates used to love.
2. Wild Things!!
aND, I totally meant Bruce Almighty :). I was thinking of Jim Carey when I answered it! Not Steve Carrel.
Does that mean 1 is Scream? Nev Campbell is in both of those :).
That would solve the first part of the link too. Here's what I got so far:
Anyone--Matt Lillard is in Scream with Nev Campbell, who is in Wild Things with Matt Dillon, who is in There's Something About Mary with Cameron Diaz, who is in Being John Malkovich with Catherine Keener,
who is in 40 Year Old Virgin with Steve Carell, who is in Evan Almighty with Jennifer Aniston, who is in Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg,
who is in Boogie Nights with Julianne Moore, who is in Benny and Joon with Oliver Platt, who is in Lake Placid with Bill
Pullman, who is in a League of their own with Gena Davis, who is in Beetlejuice with Catherine O'Hara, who is in Home Fries
with Jake Busey, who is in Starship Troopers with...
Ok I guess Lissa hasn't been on to check. I second Livvy's guess of 1 being Scream, and 2 being Wild Things. 15 is Love Actually.
So it's Scream - Neve Campbell - Wild Things - Matt Dillon - There's Something About Mary - Cameron Diaz - Being John Malcovich - Catherine Keener - 40 year Old Virgin - Steve Carrel - Bruce Almighty - Jennifer Anniston - Rock Star - Mark Wahlberg - Boogie Nights - Julianne Moore - Benny and Joon - Oliver Platt - Lake Placid - Bill Pullman - A League of Their Own - Geena Davis - Beetlejuice - Catherine O Hara - Home Fries - Jake Busey - Starship Troopers - Denise Richards - Love Actually
Good work guys!
Post a Comment