Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Movie Meme - Celeste rides again!

1. "I came here to study the great American art of muff diving. To smack clam, munch rug, dine at just one American pink taco stand! You know, I wanted to, how is it, park the porpoise. You know? I want to take it through the car wash, baby. And get it waxed. I want to wax it. Wax it! You know, and air dry. Air dry that shit, yeah!"
Van Wilder - guessed by Anna

2. "There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finnish dwarves and the Maori tribesmen, where I thought, 'Wow, I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman'."
Zoolander - guessed by Anna

3. "We're clearly soldiers in petticoats, and dauntless crusaders for women's votes! Though we adore men individually, we agree that as a group they're rather stupid."
Mary Poppins - guessed by Anna

4. "So happy I could shit."
"Chip, you know how I hate the brown word."

Serial Mom - guessed by Anna

5. "Who wants to hear about my STD from the silent film era?"
Grandma's Boy - guessed by Livvy

6. "And stop saying 'okay' all the time. Okay?"
"Okay."
"Good."

The Professional - guessed by Anna... although I think Livvy is right and the same dialog is in Blast From the Past

7. "Nice job, you fucked up date night."

8. "Juvenile delinquents are everywhere. Right here in this community. Boys with long hair and tattoos who spit on the sidewalk. Girls who wear tight slacks. Hysterectomy pants, I call them."
Cry-Baby - guessed by Anna

9. "This is a crucial question, Bob. Do you believe in the lord Jesus Christ and take him for your personal savior?"
Freeway - guessed by Anna

10. "Now this top line translates into, 'Pharaoh gobbles donkey goobers,' and the bottom line, 'Cleopatra does the nasty.'"
"Say what?"
"Well pretty much, that's the best I can translate it."

Bubba Ho-Tep - guessed by Anna

11. "No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

12. "Do your children enjoy jazz music? For I am here to tell you that Cab Calloway, Dizzy Gillespie, Duke Ellington, and the whole weed-blowing ginger-colored lot are merely masquerading as musicians and are, in fact, agents of evil. Reefer slows down the smoker's sense of time, allowing him to squeeze in unnecessary grace notes, giving this voodoo music the power to hypnotize white women into indulging in acts of unspeakable degradation."
Reefer Madness - guessed by Anna

13. "Oh, nice. 16 Candles is on, man."
"And the award for the least heterosexual statement ever made in this apartment goes to..."

Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle - guessed by Livvy

14. "...you should stop eating. You see, when you skip a meal, your body feeds off its fat stores. And if you skip enough, maybe your body will eat your ass!"
Bring It On - guessed by Lissa

15. "What were you just doing?"
"What? Nothing!"
"Oh no, don't tell me nothing, you were just singing a show tune!"
"You're crazy, I'd never do that."
"You can't be suicidal if you're singing show tunes!"

Dead Man On Campus - guessed by Lissa

26 comments:

Orianna said...

1. Van Wilder

Orianna said...

2. Zoolander

Orianna said...

9. Freeway

Orianna said...

12. Reefer Madness

Alicia said...

14. bring it on.

Alicia said...

15. dead man on campus.

Orianna said...

4. keeps making me think of the secretary from Ferris Bueller . . .

Celeste said...

Nope... 4 is not Ferris Bueller

Orianna said...

No, I meant it sounds like that woman. I'm gonna guess Natural Born Killers.

Celeste said...

Nope.... but it is about a killer....

Orianna said...

Oh OK, then I'll guess Serial Mom

Olivia said...

13. Harold & Kumar!!

Olivia said...

6. Blast from the Past?!?! It has to be :).

Celeste said...

6 - not Blast From The Past... although, crap, I think they do have that same line as well. But I'm thinking of something darker, and by a foreign director.

Orianna said...

6 - The Professional?

Orianna said...

Did you jump ship and go with a TV show? Is 11 Buffy?

Maybe it's time for hints :0)

Olivia said...

5. Grandma's Boy :)...I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!

Celeste said...

11 - is a family movie. :)

Orianna said...

8 - cry baby?

Celeste said...

Hints:
3 - is a Disney musical
7 - "I'm gay now! And not just a little gay, full on Liberace gay! I sing show tunes!"
10 - Bruce Campbell was in it

Orianna said...

3. Mary Poppins

Orianna said...

10. Bubba Ho-tep?

Alicia said...

7 - this movie is so funny. I haven't seen it in such a long time, I cannot remember the name. Something like I love you to death. Gra...cie!

Celeste said...

you've got the right movie. :) now just to remember the name.

Celeste said...

11 - last hint - Animated

Celeste said...

Dammit. Okay, 7 is Love Stinks. 11 was The Incredibles... and I can't believe no one got that one.

What, you can guess Ratatoullie, or however the hell you spell it, but you can't figure out the Incredibles???