Rules:
+ Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
+ Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
+ Post them here for everyone to guess.
+ Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
+ NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
1. "People will look at the ashes of Westerburg and say, "Now there's a school that self-destructed, not because society didn't care, but because the school was society." Now that's deep."
Heathers guessed by Alicia
2. "I said I'd die for you!"
"No. You said you'd die with me. Cause you had nothing better to do."
Ginger Snaps guessed by Celeste
3. "Honey! C'mon over here, Sugar-buns. This machine just called me an asshole!"
Maximum Overdrive guessed by Celeste
4. "You better pray to the god of skinny punks that this wind doesn't pick up, cos I'll come over there, and jam an oar up your ass."
Tommy Boy guessed by Alicia
5. "What is the one thing that could ruin my senior prom?"
"That you would trip on your Barbie heels and I'd be named prom queen... Did I just say that out loud?"
Never Been Kissed guessed by Alicia
6. "Move it, garbage boy! You are COOKING? HOW DARE YOU COOK in my kitchen! Where do you get the gall to even attempt something so monumentally idiotic? I should have you drawn and quartered! I'll do it! I think the law is on my side! Larousse, draw and quarter this man - after you put him in the duck press to squeeze the fat out of his head!"
Ratatouille guessed by Olivia
7. "I rescued your hat."
"Well... that's the important thing."
Jurassic Park 3 guessed by Olivia (close enough)
8. "Look, this is an emotional moment for all of us, okay? I know that. Let's not make snap judgments, please. This is clearly-clearly an important species we're dealing with and I don't think that you or I, or anybody, has the right to arbitrarily exterminate them!"
"Wrong!"
Aliens guessed by Celeste
9. "She's not my girlfriend. I find her interesting because she's a client and because she sleeps above her covers... *four feet* above her covers. She barks, she drools, she claws!"
Ghostbusters guessed by Sonny
10. "Mom, I'm worried about Antonia. Did you know that she put on her mouse ears and drives around town, all liquored up, NAKED?"
Practical Magic guessed FINALLY by Celeste
11. "Everything. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life."
The Goonies guessed by Alicia
12. "One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires."
The Lost Boys guessed by Sonny
13. "Oh, God. I look 20 years old!"
A Nightmare On Elm Street guessed by Olivia
14. "Are you trying to kill me?"
"No, sweetheart. I'm making you not care. Okay?"
28 Days Later guessed by Celeste
15. "At least you'll never be a vegetable - even artichokes have hearts."
Amelie guessed by Olivia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
1 - heathers
4 - tommy boy
5 - never been kissed
11 - goonies
8 - lilo and stitch?
10 - Superbad?
Hahaha, 8 is most decidedly not an animated family film. In a way you are close though.
10 is a chick flick, so therefore Superbad is not correct.
7- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? It's the only Indy movie I saw and sounds like something his dad said to him.
It really does sound like an Indy quote, but I'm sad to say it isn't. The hat looks just like Indy's, and the movie is another one of those franchise type films. This quote is from the third installment.
2. - Ginger Snaps!
8. - Aliens ?
13. Death Becomes Her?
8. Gremlins?
7. Jurassic Park? Mmm...Sam Neil before he got incredibly old looking :).
15. Simply Irresitable?
Livvy, for 13 it's actually someone shocked that they look OLD, as opposed to someone amazed they look young.
15 is not Simply Irresistible, it's a much better movie, and it's foreign.
13. Big? or 13 Going on Thirty?
No, it's not a feel good, it's a horror movie. I guess it's a hard one. Here's a hint, it's the first of approximately 8 in the series.
13. Nightmare on Elm Street!
14 - V for Vendetta?
3 - Terminator 2?
Nope to both those guesses. Here are hints:
3- Think stupid Stephen King movie only I would like.
6 - recent animated film about food
10 - chick flick, great hair
14 - 'zombie' film
15 - french
15. Amelie???
6. Ratatouille (although I've never seen it, just know you really wanted to see it and then you did...)
3 - oh god... is it Maximum Overdrive?
14 - 28 Days Later??
Good job Celeste! There's only one left guys! It's about sisters, it's sappy, we've watched it lots. I know for a fact that Lissa watched it recently.
um.... Music From Another Room?
Ha, I wouldn't be surprised if Lissa had watched that recently, but no that's not it.
A movie about sisters...Is it Hocus Pocus?
Closest guess BY FAR. Like totally similiar, only a chick flick and not a Disney family film.
crap... Practical Magic??
Post a Comment