Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New Foods For Roy

This week's new vegetable was eggplant. He hates it! I can get maybe 3 spoonfuls into his mouth before he starts to cry. So I'm giving up on the eggplant, and I'll try another vegetable instead. Any nominations?

This week's new fruit was pineapple. Of course he loved it. There hasn't been a fruit yet he hasn't liked.

This week's funny experiment was a marshmallow. I handed him one while he was in his exersaucer and let him go to town. He had the thing nestled in his palm, and the entire palm shoved up against his mouth while he gummed that thing. When he was done, there was maybe a thumbnail sized portion of it left.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Hmmm...you should try acorn squash because it is delicious and mix some brown sugar or something in it, just like we eat. Mmmm tasty.

For fruit, I recommend olives! :).

Celeste said...

Already tried: acorn squash, butternut squash, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, corn, cauliflower, beets...

I guess I've really introduced him to as many foods as I need to, and can start mixing them up a bit.