Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Deep Fried Heaven

So my Christmas gift from Ivy arrived yesterday. Today, I set it up, sliced up some potatoes, grabbed some chicken wings, and went to town.

BAM! I am very, very happy with my new toy. In just a few minutes, I had the most delicious crispy batch of french fries, and a bowl full of hot wings to die for. I have no idea why I didn't get a fryer before now... except that most fryers look like a real pain to deal with. The thought of dealing with all that hot oil, having to filter it out for reuse, etc., just seemed like too much work. But T-Fal and Emeril have a solution for that. The Emerilware deep fryer has an automatic oil drainage and filtration system that takes all the hassle out of clogging your arteries. It even has a notifier light to let you know when it's time for an oil change. Temperature control, a timer, the works. It had the oil heated up and ready to go in just a few minutes, and was dead simple to use.

Now I'm rubbing my greasy hands together, thinking of all the other fried foods I'm going be making... onion rings, corn dogs, doughnuts, chicken strips. I think this will take some of the hassle out of making fried chicken too. I'm in cholesterol heaven!

3 comments:

Orianna said...

mmmm calamari *drool*

Celeste said...

ooooh... hadn't thought of that. and it would let me combine the fun of the new fryer with the fun of another trip to global foods!

Celeste said...

ooh. good idea! and it'll let me combine the fun of the fryer with the fun of another trip to global foods!