I roasted my first chicken and it was awesome! The technique called for a full day of dry brining, and then roasting that puppy at 475-500 degrees for an hour. I didn't have to add any fat and the skin was nice and crispy. I also threw some Chinese Broccoli in the bottom of the roasting pan for the last ten minutes and when it came out it had been fried in chicken grease. It was delicious. I totally recommend it. I stole the recipe from one of my favorite food bloggers.
I'm serious OK, even the breasts were juicy (tee hee)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Waaaaiiit.... my foodie little sister only just now got around to roasting her first chicken? I'm shocked, dismayed, stumped and confused. Isn't a roast chicken like the first thing anyone ever tries?
Congrats though. :) My experience is that it can take ages to find that perfect balance in roasting a chicken, where the meat's fully cooked, but the breasts aren't too dry. Can't remember how many times I've tried a recipe only to be disappointed that the damn thing isn't evenly cooked.
OMG...I must be a master chicken roaster because mine always turns out delicious. Even the white meat parts which I usually hate are juicy and tasty. But then, I rub butter or olive oil all over mine, so I guess I am adding fat to it...whichever!
Hey...is this the chicken that i refused to eat?
YES IT IS!!!
Post a Comment