J R R Tolkien, Lord Of the Rings Trilogy
J R R Tolkien, The Hobbit
J K Rowling, Harry Potter Series
Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time Series
C S Lewis, The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe
George R R Martin, A Song of Ice & Fire
David Eddings, The Belgariad Series
Terry Goodkind, Wizard's First Rule
Raymond E Feist, Magician
Philip Pullman, His Dark Materials Trilogy
Terry Brooks, The Sword of Shannara
Ursula K Le Guin, A Wizard of Earthsea
Christopher Paolini, Eragon
Robin Hobb, The Farseer Trilogy
R A Salvatore, Dark Elf Trilogy
Stephen King, The Dark Tower Series
Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle In Time
Richard Adams, Watership Down
Neil Gaiman, American Gods
Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland
William Goldman, The Princess Bride
Terry Pratchett, The Colour of Magic
George Orwell, Animal Farm
Weis & Hickman, Dragonlance Chronicles
Stephen Donaldson, Thomas Covenant - The Unbeliever
Roger Zelazny, The Chronicles of Amber
Marion Zimmer Bradley, The Mists Of Avalon
Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl
Anne Rice, Interview With the Vampire
Gaiman & Pratchett, Good Omens
Brian Jacques, Redwall
Roald Dahl, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
William Golding, The Lord Of the Flies
Bram Stoker, Dracula
Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere
Tad Williams, Memory, Sorrow & Thorn Series
Garth Nix, Sabriel
Anne McCaffrey, Dragonflight
Piers Anthony, On a Pale Horse
T H White, The Once & Future King
Gail Carson Levine, Ella Enchanted
Stephenie Meyer, Twilight
Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven
Tamora Pierce, Alanna: The First Adventure
Anthony Burgess, A Clockwork Orange
Michael Ende, The Neverending Story
Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
Unknown Author, Beowulf
Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife
Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Dianna Gabaldon, Outlander
C S Lewis, The Screwtape Letters
Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell gave up half way through actually. Another monster of a book.
Homer, The Odyssey
LaHaye & Jenkins, Left Behind
Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Alice Sebold, The Lovely Bones
Lloyd Alexander, The Chronicles of Prydain
Yann Martel, Life of Pi
David Eddings, The Malloreon
Terry Pratchett, Mort
J R R Tolkien, The Silmarillion
Laurell K Hamilton, Guilty Pleasures
Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth
Steven Erikson, Gardens of the Moon
Guy Gavriel Kay, Tigana
Elizabeth Kostova, The Historian
Daniel Quinn, Ishmael
Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince
Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
Moore & Gibbons, Watchmen
Jacqueline Carey, Kushiel's Dart
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
China Mieville, Perdido Street Station
Frank Miller, Batman - The Dark Knight Returns
Cornelia Funke, Inkheart
Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull
Richard Matheson, I Am Legend
Weis & Hickman, Death Gate Cycle
Franz Kafka, The Metamorphosis
Patricia C Wrede, Dealing With Dragons
Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes
Mercedes Lackey, Magic's Pawn
Patrick Suskind, Perfume
Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita
Peter S Beagle, The Last Unicorn
Jasper Fforde, The Eyre Affair
Michael Chabon, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay
Dante Alighieri, Inferno
Gene Wolfe, Book of the New Sun
Christopher Moore, Lamb
Jonathan Stroud, The Amulet of Samarkan
Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
Susan Cooper, The Dark Is Rising
David Eddings, The Elenium
Diana Wynne Jones, Howl's Moving Castle
Robin McKinley, The Blue Sword
Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood
William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream
Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House
I call Shenanigans does Lord of the Flies actually qualify as fantasy? Also China Mieville while an excellent writer, is more scifi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Since they frequently classify social fiction as more 'fantasy' than science fiction, I guess so. Based on my own reaction to LotF though, I'd say it was more of a horror story.
Yeah I found the story so horrifying I couldn't put it down. I was finally forced to when I reached the end, so I flung it across the room. I would have burned it if I hadn't needed it as a reference for some school crap.
Post a Comment