Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hellboy 2

So, I really enjoyed Hellboy 2. I recommend that all those who haven't seen it yet, go see it. It was pretty predictable, but then I don't go to Ron Perlman movies to think. I go see them to be entertained, and entertained I was. I especially loved all of the fantastical beings that they threw in there. I kept thinking back to my childhood days and The Neverending Story or The Labyrinth. The difference however, is that the special effects are much better. Guillermo del Toro is far better at rendering the fantastical believable.

GO SEE IT!!! Or wait for it to come out on DVD...whichever :). It'll still be loads of fun.

2 comments:

Orianna said...

Yeah I liked it too. I definitely think that Guillermo del Toro is right up there with Terry Gilliam or Tim Burton when it comes to creating a fully realized fantasy world. Also I think Selma Blair is cute. AND the villain was exceptionally well drawn and the exposition handled beautifully. All in all worth the 5 bucks.

Celeste said...

I'll watch it when it finally makes its way to DVD. I can't wait until they get around to making new releases available via PPV. Even at $40 a viewing, it'd still be cheaper than getting a sitter.