So, just an update of what I've been up to :). I had a fantastic weekend and full weekend this past week. On Friday, I went to happy hour with Melissa, Serena, and some of Melissa's co-workers. Everybody was nice and I got a little tipsy which was also nice. Then, me, Melissa and Serena went to get out nails done. We each got a mani and pedi, which was lots of fun, and my third time doing it in my whole entire life. Third time wasn't a charm though, because upon leaving the salon I managed to wipe off an entire paint job on one nail. This is typical and one of the reasons why I never get my nails done...sigh... Then we all headed over to Melissa's house and Anna met up with us there. We played spaids and then watched a terrible movie called The In Crowd which I couldn't finish and left 10 minutes before the end.
On Saturday, I woke up early and went to the Farmer's Market again. I got to use the disposable produce and grocery bags that I purchased, which worked out great. Now I don't have to deal with all the wasteful plastic bags that grocery stores hand out like candy. I have turned green, what can I say? Also, I have gotten complements on them, which is also nice.
After the farmer's market, I went and got my hair cut and Regis Salon in Ballston Commons Mall. I think the lady did a fair job on it, but I don't think I will be going back. She was very resistant to doing what I wanted done to my hair. I wanted to die it almost black, and I did, but she kept asking me, are you sure? When I told her I wanted it shoulder length, she goes "What does your boyfriend think about that?" I replied, that he didn't really comment on it, and she goes let's go slightly longer. Whatever. When I go, oh hey :)....I love the color...it's like the same color as my eyes, she leans in closer and goes "actually your eyes are a little bit lighter." Also, there was this other older lady in the salon, who upon seeing my new dye job, stops behind my chair and goes "ohhhh myyy....," followed by a pregnant pause, and then a "doesn't that look nice?" when she realized how rude she had just been to me. Overall though, I really really like my hair cut. It's shoulder length with just a little bit of layers and slightly framed around my face, and the color is pretty much as dark brown as you can go without being black. Maybe I'll post a picture up later so that everyone can see it!
After I got my haircut, I picked up Anna and we went out the Wetzel's house to look in on Sweeney and Bullseye. On our way up we stopped at Glory Days and had lunch. When we got to the Wetzel's house, both of the cats cried a lot and demanded attention :(. Poor little guys will be soooo happy when their parents get home! Overall they were doing fine though. We stayed for a few hours and then headed back to Arlington to go see Hot Fuzz at the Arlington Cinema and Drafthouse. Which is always lots of fun. Our pitcher of beer however tasted funny--almost like vinegar--so I had to stop drinking it after my second glass. Anna suspects it was from the bottom of the keg. I dunno...but it didn't taste good.
On Sunday, I stayed at home all day and finished reading Sebastian by Anne Bishop. It was a fantastic book and I can't wait to read the second one in the series, Belladonna. I've seen this book lying around Celeste's house, so perhaps I will snag it from her when I head up to look in on Sweeney and Bullseye tonight. He he he :). When Nick woke up, at around 2 or 3, I can't remember, he made reservations at a small Italian restaurant he wanted to take me to called Rafagino's in Burke. It was very good, but kind of high priced. I felt a little bad, but Nick insisted on paying and who am I to say no to a free meal! It was very romantic :).
When we got home, after stopping by his parents house to say hi, I stayed up late reading and watching tv with Nick, since I took Monday off as a floating holiday! So, all in all I had a really good weekend!
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, where's the picture? I would like to see what you have done to my semi-youngest daughter. And what did your boyfriend think of the color? Any comments? Or did he just not even notice? It *sounds* quite dramatic and I'll bet it looks fabulous...but then almost anything would.
no pictures....my computer is broken so i cannot upload any :(.
Post a Comment