Tuesday, July 03, 2007

1408

Hmmm...Also, two weekends ago, me and Anna went to see 1408. It was a psychological thriller, mostly about overcoming your own personal demons. I enjoyed it, even though it stopped being scary about half way through. It just kept building up and up and up, until you were just like...ok...I get it. The room is evil. John Cusack did a FANTASTIC job of playing the protagonaist though. Who knew he could act so well? None of his other movies, mostly all fantastic, don't really go through the extreme emotions, but this one did and he did wonderfully :). Samuel L. Jackson was also amusing, even though I did not understand his character. Anna felt he was just the hotel manager, but I thought he was more like the gate keeper or something...the one who warned people away from the room, but also let them in if they were persistant. But, I think he definitely had a role in what the room was doing. Either way, the funniest scene in the movie revolved around Mr. Jackson and that was when they miniaturized him and put him into a tiny little refridgerator that Mr. Cusack would attack later. Very funny, and also the turning point in the movie for me, where it went from scary to just intense. Overall a good movie, but I don't know if it is worth seeing on the big screen. I would rent it when it comes out :). That's all!!

No comments: