Thursday, January 17, 2008

Spoon!

Wow, but this has been just crazy times for me lately. Today was the first day I've had to even look at blogs or catch up on news... and I'm glad I did, because here is a real gem of an article for you: It's The Tick! (well, more like American Maid) In real life!
SO YOU'VE DECIDED to become a real-life superhero. Like Wolverine, you've chosen a secret identity and a uniform. But unlike the X-Man, you don't have retractable claws or a mutant healing factor. How do you make up the difference?

Most Reals use a combination of martial arts and weaponry. The Eye is a 49-year-old crimebuster from Mountain View, California, who wears a Green Hornet-inspired fedora and trench coat. Though he focuses mainly on detective work and crime-tip reporting, he prepares himself for hand-to-hand combat by studying kung fu and wielding an arsenal of light-based weapons designed to dazzle enemies. ...

Once you've honed your body and strapped on your utility belt, it's time to decide how to focus your heroic efforts. Within the community of Reals, there's a buffet of choices. Some choose mundane tasks—The Cleanser strolls around picking up trash, while Direction Man helps lost tourists find where they're going. Most Reals also lend their personages to charities, donating to food banks or organizing clothing drives.

So... if YOU were going to don a costume and be a REAL, who would you be?

3 comments:

Orianna said...

I'd be the Human Shield! Of course you only really get one shot with that one, unless you have super powers.

Olivia said...

I'd be a Human Blanket! Smothering people with warmth and kindness...

Celeste said...

LOL and LOL

These days I feel like The Quality Avenger... pointing out bad design issues and missed requirements at every turn. I'm a one-woman bad news delivery system.

Everyone NOT on the business side of things is grateful I'm stuck on this project, and everyone on the business side of things hates my guts because I keep forcing delays for stupid shit they missed. I hate my job.