We finally got the last of the mechanical malfunctions I was whining about taken care of. Russ fixed Livvy's computer and sent her home with a surge protector and a ram upgrade,was able to recover all of our pictures/mp3s and place them on a bigger, better drive, and our TV was completely repaired on Tuesday. As soon as he got the time, it was like knocking over dominoes. Having an electronically/mechanically inclined husband is a real bonus.
I just have to comment about the TV repair. I've heard so many horror stories about people taking their big flat-screens in to be serviced, and waiting months to get their television back, that our experience was just really nice in comparison. Russ had done some research, so he already had a pretty good idea of what was wrong with it, and had priced replacement parts. Panasonic was prompt and friendly, and the authorized service shop they had contact us - G&E TV Service - was very nice, and quickly picked up our TV and took it in for diagnosis and repair.
Friday evening, a little over a week later, the manager calls me up to let me know the repair is complete, and he wanted to schedule time on Tuesday to return the TV to us. I say "Great!" while privately thinking "Dammit, another NFL weekend on the little TV!" He launches into a frustrated speech about how wrong it is that the parts are so expensive, and apologizes for the high cost of the repair - the total of which is lower than the techs had estimated, and lower than Russ and my private estimation. I tell him it's okay, that Russ and I had been prepared for as much, and we were happy to hear our TV was done. The manager pauses, probably because he'd called prepared to defend himself from an explosion of bitching about the high cost of an out-of-warranty repair, and then says "Actually, if you're around tomorrow morning, I can have your TV delivered between 12 and 2pm." Awesome!
Sure enough, the tech was back with our TV the next day by 1pm. The faulty part is replaced, the firmware is up to date, and we had our big TV back in plenty of time to watch the Ravens' embarrassing loss to the Browns. But a rant on the Ravens' D isn't positive, and I meant for this to be a positive post.
It's so nice to have everything working again.
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment