Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Now You're Cookin'!

Too cute! Roy helped me make dinner for his first time tonight. I was making some fried, breaded pork chops, and I started out by offering to let him stand on a chair so he could see the counter and watch. But he kept pushing the chair closer until it was right up against the counter, so finally I asked him if he wanted to help make the pork chops? He shouted "chops!" and then watched as I dredged the first one, and then helped me do the rest. He was actually a very good helper, up until the point where he decided he should start dredging other things too. Then the cooking lesson had to end.

I'll have to ask mom, but I think Roy has me beat for earliest cooking experience now. :)

Oh, and while I'm at it, he makes a pretty cute dinosaur:



And here he is, just as the sugar rush started to hit:

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Aww...I've been waiting to hear about his halloween :). How many houses did he hit?

Also, I should give you the Dr. Seuss cook book I bought for Roy a long time ago, and kept forgetting to give you! You guys could have tons of fun with it ;)!

Celeste said...

You should!

And I think we did 8 or 10 houses. That was enough. It didn't help that the neighbor's kid was running up and down the street screaming like a madwoman for most of the time. Little guy ate so much candy he was drooling. He REALLY liked it.

Elaine said...

Baby crack.

I already told Celeste this, but she started cooking at 3. She helped me a lot in Germany in the kitchen with little stuff. I tried to get all of you to do this, with varying success.