Monday, December 01, 2008

Twilight



So, I went to see Twilight on Sunday. I really enjoyed it :)! I thought Bella's character in the movie was much more bearable than she was in the book. In fact, at the end of the movie, I felt that this story was much better suited to film than it was to its home medium, which is rare. Usually the book is better.

My favorite part of the movie though, was not a part of the movie itself, but the atmosphere in which I watched the film. There were the group of teenager girls sitting behind me, who would clap and hoot and sigh over EVERY SINGLE character as they were introduced on the big screen. With the guys, they'd say things like "OhmiGOD...he's sooo cute...I love him [giggle noise]." With the female characters, they say things like "ooohh...she's so pretty...I want to be her..."

The one scene where I expected to hear an "ohmigod" was the steamy kiss between Bella and Edward. The girly teenagers however, remained [uncomfortably(?)] silent throughout. Were they paying homage to the romance brewing between the two main characters? Or were they struggling with their teenager hormones, unsure of how to handle themselves? I guess I'll never know. But, I suspect it was the latter ;).

Go see Twilight! It was entertaining to say the least :)!

3 comments:

Orianna said...

The girls in front of us at the theater were snapping pictures of Robert Pattison with their cell phones. He is pretty dreamy I'll give them that. I felt like the romance moved way too fast, he went from pooping his pants at the sight of her to sneaking into her room to watch her sleep? I am going to read the books to see if the character progression makes more sense.

Celeste said...

I don't think you'll find much difference. I thought the whole romance was really rushed in the book as well. Unless one of you is offering to babysit Roy for free for me, I'll probably wait til it's on DVD.

But glad to hear the movie wasn't totally unwatchable, because I'd probably watch it anyway. ;)

Olivia said...

OMG...Celeste you should take Roy to see Bolt :). I bet he'd really like it! I liked it :)!