Today, Roy started singing. He's said his A-B-C's and even used the same cadence as the tune when he does it, but he's never really tried holding a melody before. This morning, he busted out with "Sing, sing a song" from Sesame Street. I can't wait til he's sitting in front of the mirror in the hallway and making up lyrics and tunes of his own, like his aunt Anna used to!
And also, tonight I read Roy the last story in the Hans Cristian Andersen collection. It took nearly a year to get through all nine-hundred-seven pages of it, but finally did it. So now I'm digging through my books to figure out what to read him next... I was thinking "The King of Elfland's Daughter" because I'm already about halfway through it and I think its really pretty, or I could go in an entirely different direction and start him on some Edgar Rice Burroughs. Any suggestions? (Keeping in mind please, that he isn't even three yet.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's cool :). Maybe he will sing them in front of one of us the next time we see him...
Mmmm...what about the tales of peter rabbit? Or Winnie the Pooh's? Or Alice in Wonderland? OR the Arabian Nights? OR Watership down?!? Nick is always raving about that book.
Watership Down is way too scary for him. He's old enough he can understand a lot of what I'm saying and all that grief and death is too much.
I went ahead and ordered a copy of Tarzan to read to him. :) And I started the King of Elfland's Daughter with him tonight.
OOOh...what about the Lord of the Rings! I remember Mom reading us The Hobbit when we were little :)! I think I really liked that! AND...being scared of spiders is not a bad thing...:)
Post a Comment