
So, this past Sunday, I ran in the 2008 Army 10 Miler, in Arlington, VA. It was exhausting! And even though I trained all summer--only slacking off like the 2 or 3 weeks before the race--I still managed to do pretty terribly. I ran the first 5 miles without stopping, but at mile 5, I guess I lost all of my energy and had to walk for a bit. I walk/slogged the last 5 miles. I was really dissapointed in myself especially because the previous Sunday, I ran 9 miles without stopping, and averaged an 11:33 second mile!! So, I'm like...wtf?!
Anywho, this is my second 10 mile race. I ran in the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler in 2007, which I think I did decently good in. In that race I averaged a 10:54 min mile (if I remember correctly), but in this one, I averaged a 12:35 min mile, so you can see how I did worse. But, even though I did worse, I still enjoyed myself and look forward to the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler next April!
I also look forward to running the 5k Turkey Trot with everyone in November :)! See you all at the race!
Anywho, this is my second 10 mile race. I ran in the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler in 2007, which I think I did decently good in. In that race I averaged a 10:54 min mile (if I remember correctly), but in this one, I averaged a 12:35 min mile, so you can see how I did worse. But, even though I did worse, I still enjoyed myself and look forward to the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler next April!
I also look forward to running the 5k Turkey Trot with everyone in November :)! See you all at the race!

2 comments:
Go Livvy!
And at least you kept ahead of the guy with the artificial leg. :)
Good job girl. Don't hide your light under a bushel. You are tall and the picture would be better if you could only see the top of Melissa's head anyway.
Post a Comment