Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'll Miss You, Jeannie


Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays, since it's the time of year when we specifically get together to enjoy our family, and eat, and there isn't any of the attendant stress of Christmas gift-giving to take the shine off of it.

This Thanksgiving was extra-special, and really exemplified why I love the holiday. My Aunt Jeannie came out to visit! Dad's little sister, who I hadn't seen since I was just a very little girl, and my youngest sisters had never met, came out to stay with dad over the holiday, and we all got a chance to meet/reconnect. I had such a great time with her, I'm really kicking myself that all these years, I've had an aunt that's only 4 years older than me, and we never got to know each other before now. I'm looking forward to future visits, and plotting how I can get Russ and myself out to Vegas so we can see her on her own turf, and maybe meet my uncle, too!

So for a wonderful Thanksgiving, thanks Jeannie, and I'll miss you. Here's hoping we manage to get to see each other again before another 20 years pass.

4 comments:

jeannie said...

I had a blast! All of you girls (and big brother, of course) are great! I can't wait to visit again! And, any time any of you want to head out to Vegas...do it! We'll experience why they say, "What happens in Vegas, STAYS in Vegas!" ;-)

Celeste said...

LOL. We're already plotting our trip once the boy is old enough to ditch with a grandparent for a few days! Russ really liked you too, and says that anytime you'd like to come back and visit, you are more than welcome to stay with us. :)

Olivia said...

I had so much fun too! Aunt Jeanne, you rock! It was great to get to know another member of my family :). I definitely hope to make it out to Vegas soon too. Can't wait to see you again Jeanne!

Autumn said...

How fun! I love this post.

I'm glad to read about your Happy Thanksgiving and getting to reconnect with your Aunt. :)