Thursday, September 18, 2008

Death of a Fox

I killed a fox last night with my automobile. It jumped in from of my car and I had no time at all to respond except to scream, "NO! Don't do that!" One second later, and it would have landed on my hood; that is how close it was :(. I started crying immediately and didn't stop for about 40 minutes. After it happened, I turned around to see if maybe I had imagined the whole horrible incident, but no such luck. In the middle of the road was a dead animal. Then--because it was dark and couldn't see exactly what it was I had hit--I started wondering if maybe I had killed someone's cat, which made me even more sad. So, this morning I drove by it again, to see what exactly I had hit--for peace of mind, but also so that I could mourn it properly--and it was not a cat, but definitely a fox.



So, I am so sorry that I killed you little fox. May your soul rest in peace.


No comments: