Here are a few things Roy has been up to lately:
He now has six teeth. Four top and the two bottom.
He's figured out how to climb down off of the couch on his own, and is learning how to climb down stairs.
He loves to share. If I give him a cookie or offer him his sippy cup, he always insists I take a bite or a drink as well. ... or it could be he's making sure I haven't poisoned him. It's still cute.
He's developed a fascination with the silverware basket in the dishwasher. I have to prop something inside to force the lower rack to stay outwards or he won't leave the basket alone. And boy does it piss him off! He'll brace his chubby little baby fists against the lower rack, plant his feet, and push as hard as he can, making little weight-lifter grunts while he does it. You can see he's really putting his back into it. When he realizes he's not going to get that lower rack to budge, he starts yelling.
He no longer nurses to sleep. We walk him down for his naps, or if he's really tired, we can just put him in his crib and he'll roll over and go to sleep. He's down to just a morning nursing, and that will go away starting with our road trip to Lissa's.
And finally, last night he got a hold of a small peppermint patty. His reach has gotten a lot better lately, and we had him in his exersaucer while Russ was cleaning up downstairs. He'd started gnawing on the foil wrapper, so Russ decided it would be funny to just unwrap it and let him have at it. I came out of the office to find a baby sticky all over with bits of peppermint patty, with palms and face coated dark brown with chocolate, and not a recognizable lump of that piece of candy left anywhere else in sight. I had to give him a bath before he could eat his dinner - which he wouldn't finish since he'd had so much candy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
awww that sounds cute. Wasn't I supposed to babysit?
Eh, we were going to have you babysit, but then work went to absolute hell for me, so I got to spend my anniversary working a 12 hour day that started at 4am. So we weren't exactly up for going out that night.... was strangely appropriate, since the same VP had me working late the night before my wedding on a project as well.
We're going to start test driving cars (although I'm pretty sure we're going to go with the Magnum R/T) though, so if you could come over some Saturday or Sunday afternoon and watch the kiddo so Russ and I could do that, that'd be awesome.
OH and an amendment to the post - Roy is no longer learning to climb down stairs, he has mastered the art. In fact, he's got it down so well we went ahead and took the gate down over the weekend so he could really roam, although it went back up for work.
I'm free every weekend after the 5th.
Gosh he sounds absolutely adorable and he's getting a little personality! The scene at the dishwasher is hysterical! I am sooo looking forward to seeing you all this summer!
Mom...you are coming up here this summer? When?
NM...I remember! Celeste is going down there :). Ooops.
Post a Comment